THIS COURSE IS ONLY OFFERED TO GOVERNMENT DEPARTMENTS AND LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCIES.
Covert services that aim to be ‘at the top of their game’ and covert services that use various forms of technologies require ongoing training to ensure familiarity and competency in their specific craft.
Specifically, covert teams and individuals greatly benefit from being tested. Localised training can only provide a medium level of realism. The challenge to maintain and lift the standard of covert operatives is directly met by advanced training techniques where covert operatives ‘train as they play’ in realistic scenarios with unfamiliar targets. Specifically, covert operatives gain more benefit when training in real scenarios, not scenarios staged by their regular trainers, co-workers and sister agencies they have regular contact with.Enroll Now
WHO USES THIS TRAINING METHOD?
Our expert highly skilled team have provided this training to specialist federal and state law enforcement and private industry units across Australia and overseas, Australian Federal Police, Victoria Police, New South Wales Police and Queensland Police. We have also worked in partnership with specialist staff from the United Kingdom and New Zealand.
HOW DO WE MONITOR IF OUR SKILLS AND ABILITIES ARE MEETING OUR REQUIREMENTS?
Management of covert law enforcement unit’s worldwide use a range of techniques to determine their success. These measures are based on outcomes, budget, results, convictions and the confiscation of illegal items. Yet what many agencies miss out on analysing is the true ability of their covert agencies to operate undetected.
Agencies rarely (if ever) receive feedback from the subjects or targets they have performed surveillance on, or tracked. The ability to receive feedback from an independent party, who has no knowledge of what operational staff look like, what vehicles they use, and in particular their specific style of operation can be an enormous benefit to covert teams and covert operatives. Failure to receive independent feedback can lead to catastrophic results for long-term operations.Enroll Now
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF THIS FORM OF SCENARIO TRAINING?
Feedback from these scenarios is provided to Management, Team Leaders and individuals where required. Management and Team Leaders must have confidence in every aspect of their teams, the individuals within those teams and how they operate. Individual operatives thrive on positive feedback, and can learn and improve from any negative feedback.
This training remains as real as possible to actual scenarios and incidents, which have occurred and are relevant to the particular agency. It is aligned to specific industry goals to ensure the host agency gains the most from the training and that it meets the host agencies needs.
Training in this manner allows individual operatives and teams to focus on their own skill sets. They are able to test new and emerging technologies without the fear of being detected by a criminal, to the detriment of a major operation.
The cost of this training is minimal. The value to the organisations who undertake it is immense. By providing an independent view, (or an independent set of eyes and ears over a set time frame,) organisations are provided with an opportunity to:
- Test themselves
- Try new technologies
- Increase skill level
- Enhance teamwork under pressure
- Build positive team relationships
- Develop confidence
- Refine techniques
- Analyse problem areas, and
- Build a platform of continual improvement
As these courses are specifically tailored to meet the client’s requirements, we conduct this training only after thorough negotiation.
Dependent on the specific scenario the host agency seeks to explore, the subjects will both independently carry out duties relevant to their scenario. This may involve:
- The receiving and delivering of packages, which allows the opportunity for these to be monitored.
- The use of vehicles which affords the opportunities for these to be monitored.
- The use of hotel rooms which can also be monitored.
- Meeting individuals and each other in specific locations which affords the opportunities to be monitored.
- The use of specific mobile phones which affords the opportunity to be monitored.
- A range of Counter and Anti Surveillance Techniques.
- The use of ‘dry runs’, a tactic well used by criminals to see if their objectives will work and to see if they are being monitored.
- A combination of foot and mobile activities to test surveillance and covert services.
Outcomes provided for through this specific training include:
- Planning operations
- Performing Foot Surveillance
- Performing Mobile Surveillance
- Performing Electronic Monitoring
- The application and removal of electronic devices in varying locations
- Obtaining covert footage using different mediums
- Using observation posts
- Working in conjunction with CCTV systems
- Enhanced Communications
- Confidence Building
- Enhanced Teamwork
- Controlling subjects
- Maintaining operational equipment
- Trialling operational equipment
- Public Transport, Surveillance techniques
- Counter and Anti Surveillance
- Arrest techniques
- Enhanced Public Safety
Our experience has shown that three days is a realistic time frame to conduct all these duties, which leads to a final completion. A full day is required for briefings from both sides to fully explore the learning gained. Shorter or longer time frames can be facilitated.
Please feel free to call or email the RAY MANCINI ACADEMY Student Services with any questions. Phone: 1300 841 871 – Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgEnroll Now