Hltaid003 – Provide First Aid
OFFERED IN PARTNERSHIP WITH ASSET COLLEGE – RTO 31718
Welcome and thank you for your interest becoming a major step in the life changing chain of emergency Pre-hospital care, whether it’s to meet the requirements of your Employment or the peace of mind that in case of the unforeseeable one of your colleague or a loved ones is in need of aid you won’t have to be in a state of panic in those precious minutes that can feel like a lifetime when waiting for an ambulance to arrive you can be the one to take charge and have a positive outcome in those situations.
HLTAID003 – Provide first aid discover how easy it is, take a step closer to the satisfaction that you can have the knowledge and skill to prevent further injurie and save someone’s life.
On successful completion of this unit *HLTAID003 – Provide first aid you will satisfy the requirement of your employer as more industries is becoming a requirement or for your own peace of mind that you meet the requirements.
Not only will you be the first step in the chain but we will also develop other skills. The key content of the program includes principles of First Aid, Legal and Ethical requirements and protection, Human Anatomy and physiology, Communication, working as a team, managing an incident scene, Work Health and Safety introduction.
* Recommended to be updated every 24 months
This is a blended course presented and delivered via combination of structured tutorials, workshops, cases & scenario based, practical and hands on, up to date training. In our state of the art AV training facility or at your place of business, Training that can be tailored to your industry needs just talk to our friendly staff to arrange for us to come to you.
All trainers and assessors are recognised prehospital care and emergency experts with over 20 years’ experience, holding relevant experience and training. They include security industry specialists, former and current serving police officers, military personnel and emergency response and medical specialists.
There are no formal prerequisites for HLTAID003 – Provide first aid.
However basic language and literacy and numeracy skills are essential.
- Focus on first aid management of specific types of injury Established first aid principles and procedures include:
- Australian Resuscitation Council Guidelines
- Guidelines of Australian national peak clinical bodies
- Primary First Aid Principles to:
- Preserve life
- Prevent illness, injury and condition(s) becoming worse
- Management of: Different range of injuries and illnesses
- Conduct an initial casualty assessment appropriate use of an AED
- chain of survival
- Standard precautions of dealing with risks and hazards of a scene.
- duty of care requirements
- respectful behaviour towards a casualty
- own skills and limitations
- Promote recovery
- Protect the unconscious casualty
- State/Territory legislation and regulations
This is the first step in prehospital emergency care, where to go from here if you want to progres
Where to go from here?