Defensive Tactical Handgun
Congratulations on your recent enrolment in the Defensive Tactical Handgun course here at Ray Mancini Academy!
We are excited to have you on board and can not wait to share this incredible journey to career success! No matter which career pathway you may choose, the well – experienced team here at Ray Mancini Academy will work closely with you to provide the highest quality training possible!
We are confident that you will walk away with a positive attitude and an increased body of knowledge that will deem incredibly advantagous for both personal development and career progression!
Course start time:
Course finish time:
Last Thursday of every Month *(Course date may vary depending on Firearms Instructor availability)
7/ 15 Vanden Way, Joondalup, WA, 6027
Free Parking is available within the grounds of the Ray Mancini Academy.
Valid driver’s license or passport.
Students are required to wear tactical pants or good comfortable pants with large belt loops.
You must also bring a strong belt suitable for wearing holsters and mag pouches.
Closed comfortable shoes or boots (footwear must be suitable for rapid movement and turning).
It is a requirement that students wear a T-shirt and bring a baseball cap.
The Defensive Tactical Handgun course will consist of a series of live fire drills on the range.
The key training will focus on the following points:
- Basic fudamentals and safety
- Potential dangers (penetration, ricochet, accidental discharges),
- Components and operation of modern pistols, types, components, and purposes of modern ammunition
- Applicable laws relating to firearm categories and to the licensing requirements, interstate travel and transportation, and storage of firearms
- Administrative loading and unloading of semi- automatic pistols
- The fundamental of marksmanship and basic shooting techniques
- Preventative maintenance (cleaning, maintenance, inspection and safe storage)
This course will also cover the following topics:
- Universal firearms safety rules
- Fudamentals of shooting
- The natural action stance and grip
- Mental conditioning and defensive combat mindset
- Developing tactical aptitude and situational awareness
- Safe operation and control of the semi-automatic pistol
- Presentation from the holster
- Loading and unloading under stress
- Threat assessment and scanning
- Emergency reloads, tactical reloads and speed reloads
- The importance of dry-practice and speed reloads
- The importance of dry-practice and enhancing your skills
- Lawful use of force and the law
- Engaging multiple threats
All students are expected to act with respect and integrity within the training facility. Our well experienced trainers will be more than happy to work with you each step of the way to help you achieve an enhanced learning experience.
Our friendly staff at Ray Mancini Academy will be more than happy to assist you if you have any questions before, during or after the completion of the Defensive Tactical Handgun course. Please feel free to contact us on 1300 841 871 for further information!
Terms and conditions: https://www.raymancini.academy/terms-and-conditions/
Ray Mancini Academy
A: 7 /15 Vanden Way
Joondalup, WA, 6027
T: 1300 841 871